Monday, April 2, 2012

No, It Is Not Snow.


Today we had a storm come through.  It is usual in early April to have a snow storm.  But this was not that type of storm.  Though the day was cloudy all morning I was first alerted to the storm by a big clap of thunder that made me jump. 


We were downstairs doing school when we started to hear some loud sounds of hail hitting the house. I had some windows open and went to shut them.  The hail was coming down so hard I thought it might break the windows.  We had that happen a few years ago when Daniel was a baby.  He was sleeping on the bed that was right underneath a north window.  After the hail started I quickly scooped him up.  A few minutes later the hail broke that window.  This time the hail didn't get as large or break any windows.  But it was plentiful.



It was really bouncing in the bird bath.  In fact the hail took a long time to melt today as it didn't get very warm.  Tonight there are still some piles of it under the trees.



What a difference a few days make.  We had such a beautiful sunny Sabbath day with no wind.  It couldn't have been nicer in many ways.  The four elders at church all spoke and did a great job at it even though three of them were new to speaking like that.  After church we had planned a birthday party for Tim.  All our children were there for it plus Tim's brother came.  I had nine people
sitting  around my table. 

Tim grilled some steaks.  I made those frozen hash brown potatoes with all the fatty stuff in them that he likes so well.  All was good and we were so stuffed we didn't have any of the birthday cake I had made. 

We enjoyed sitting outside the whole afternoon.  Toward evening all the men went fishing.  We ladies stayed here just visiting and resting, a very lovely day.




1 comment:

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Kimberly,
I rejoice with you that none of your windows were broken. Wow--I never heard that story about Daniel being rescued before the window broke--PTL!
Happy birthday to Tim! It's so wonderful that the weather is warm enough to sit outside all afternon. I have such fond memories of doing so with you over the years! I love you so much, and miss you often, but at least we can keep in touch through our blogs. Thanks for sharing again!
Dawn