We have been blessed with some great helpers the past few weeks. Their help made sure that our bathroom project got finished in time for the flooring to be installed this week. This is Pastor Steve who came out to help Tim "mud" the seams and cover the mistakes we made in putting up the sheetrock. Thank you, Steve, we couldn't have finished without your help.
Our cousin, Jaime, also helped Tim make the wall between the bathroom and entry as well as put sheetrock on the ceiling. We are grateful to him as well as our son, Brandon, who also helped yet again in this project.
This is the room after I texture painted it...very white...
...and with the color on the walls and the door stained. I love it.
This week I also got the back entry textured and painted. The antique white in my living room was really bugging me. I needed more color. So I painted the back entry in the same red as my dining room and love it. I used a better paint, Benjamin Moore, and only had to put two coats on the walls versus the seven I put on the dining room. Benjamin Moore is more expensive per gallon but cheaper in the long run and much less work. Plus the color is more true to the sample. I'm sold!
When Pastor Steve was here he helped Tim put in my new ironing board cabinet. It will make ironing less of a chore for me as I won't have to get my board and iron out anymore. It is always available, just open the door and fold it down.
Last week we hauled and spread dirt, planted grass seed, and watered it for over a week. Still it did not come up. This is the mess the yard is in all around the house. Tim is going to borrow a small rake for behind the lawnmower, rake up the dirt, plant some more seed, and rake it again today.
After all the work this past week I was looking forward to Sabbath's rest. Since it is Mother's Day weekend my daughter, Whitney made dinner for us after church so I didn't even have to do that!
She had a new addition to their family of pets...
...a mini lop bunny named Bubbles who was very soft and fun to hold.
After a delicious dinner of grilled steaks Whitney, the children, and I enjoyed a sunny hour of so down at the creek that runs past Ryan and Whitney's farm. Jade was enjoying "fetch the stick out of the water."
One of my beauties after she finished wading in the water...
...Daniel drying his feet so he could put his shoes back on...
It truly was a great rest. Whitney took us over to the "main farm" to see the baby kitties. Then she drove us around to show us their pasture and farm land in the area. By then it was 8:00. Sabbath goes much too quickly.
Today is another work day but it should be easier than the work I have been doing, laundry in my almost finished laundry room, planting flowers in my as yet non-existing flower beds around the house, and regular homemaking chores.
Check back for more pictures of the new flooring that should be installed this week. And...
..."Happy Mother's Day" all you dear mothers out there.
3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
It's been really fun to watch your house progress and improve as you all work on it! I really like the color you painted your new bathroom... :)
I hope your grass works better the 2nd time 'round. We tried to get our lawn started (in the playground area) 3 times I think, the 3rd time being a charm as we covered it with chopped straw and then kept that really moist. That worked really well. You're supposed to rake the straw off after the grass is growing well, but we never got to that and it just decomposed and went away.
Anyway, have a lovely day!
We made my mom 2 scarecrows and now are waiting for her (and Dad) to get home from Mandan so we can show them off. :)
Love lots,
Cora
Dear Kimberly,
I am so happy that you had a lovely Mother's Day and didn't have to cook........ Thanks for the photos of Ryan and Whitney's place as I've not seen this area before.
Your house is just gorgeous! It gets more lovely all the time and I am so happy for you all! I'm really enjoying seeing the progress!
Love much,
Dawn
Happy Mother's Day to you! Your house is turning out beautifully. I love the stairs. I like that simple, clean look.
Whitney is so cute. I like her love of the farm and all things living. I miss seeing her for egg delivery, even if it was only for a few minutes. Blessings on your week!
Lisa
Post a Comment