Thursday, May 3, 2012

Work Continues


The remodeling project has been keeping me busy around here.  Last week I was fixing cracks in the stairway.  Then I painted it with a texture paint.  The white trim required three coats to cover well.



But the finished result is nice.



A few weeks before I had done the same thing in our bedroom.  Tim and I liked the color so well I decided to do the stairway the same.



I find my bedroom a peaceful place.



This week the living room isn't very nice to be in as there is extra furniture from the laundry room.



The laundry/bathroom now has a shower partially installed.  Tim was working in here all day yesterday.  After he and the plumber got the shower up Tim finished insulating the walls.  We still have to put up the sheet rock, mud the seams, and do the painting as well as install the door.

Since today is sunny and somewhat dry we are going to spread dirt and plant grass seed.  Tim went up to rent a skid steer to help us do that.

Yesterday I tilled my garden and got everything planted except for the tomato and pepper plants which I won't plant for a few weeks as it is still early.  It is nice to have that job done.

The children are enjoying the warmer days.  As soon as they finish their school work they head outside and play until after dark.

The kittens have adjusted to life on the farm and are becoming good hunters.  I feel sorry for the birds as they can no longer eat in peace.  So far I haven't seen the cats get any by my feeders.



If I get a chance I will take some pictures today of our grass seed planting job.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a difference the color makes in your stairway! I can see why you chose to paint it that color. It's beautiful! Your bedroom looks very peaceful. I love your doors and woodwork - they remind me of our old house build in 1901. It had so much character. :)

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Kimberly,
Your house is so gorgeous--I can hardly wait to see it! Your colors are just so beautiful--just like YOU! Did you see yourself in the picture of your bedroom?
Have a great day today. We're enjoying the nicer weather too--especially the sunny days!
Love you bunches,
Dawn