I know it has been too long since I have posted. When I realized that I had reached my size quota for picture storage I got discouraged. I'm not sure what I will do. I may move my blog to a different provider.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with most of the family here. Dustin had to work so he wasn't able to come though he did come out on the following Sabbath so we got to spend time with him then. Tim's brother joined us for Thanksgiving as well as all our other children. Of course I count Ryan as one of my children.
For our dinner I made the turkey we got from Morning Joy Farm. It was delicious. I was a bit nervous about making it as it had no solution for self basting. I thought it might be dry. I was diligent about basting and found it very moist. In fact, it was the best turkey I had ever made. As it was 18 pounds I had plenty of left over turkey to make some favorite casseroles.
I won't write about all the weeks of school that I skipped blogging about. This past week we finished week 16 in our curriculum. We have memorized the book of James through chapter 2 verse 24! It is getting to be a lot to review but worth it. I don't know about the children but the words are very convicting for me.
In history we studied about the two Georges, George Washington and King George III, the Seven Years' War, Catherine the Great, Benjamin West, and others. It is an interesting time period.
Two weeks ago we started Exploring Creation with Botany. I for one love it. The text is interesting and easy to understand. Today Daniel made a light hut out of a cardboard box while Leah started some seeds. After it was finished we put the seeds in the light hut where hopefully they will grow into plants. After lunch they will make some homemade soap out of glycerin soap and lemon balm essential oil.
A few weeks back I ordered some things from Christianbook.com one of which is a new book, Sewing School. The book has been easy and fun to use. The children have loved getting their sewing kits together and learning to hand sew. So far they have made needle holders and pin cushions. Daniel has made several little bags all on his own. One day Leah told me that sewing makes her feel so good. I try not to leave it for the end of the day when I am tired. Usually we do it after lunch and "recess." Their minds have had a break from school work and their bodies have expended all that energy they stored up all morning.
Now that we have had some measurable snow the children usually go out and play in it every day since the temperatures haven't been too cold for playing outside.
Rico, the bird, has grown up. He has picked up several tunes that he whistles/sings. He doesn't really say the words though it sounds more than whistling. I have a feeling he will learn to speak soon.
The children are patiently waiting for me to make their panini sandwiches. They grated some organic carrots for a carrot salad to go along with their sandwiches so I had best go do my part.
2 comments:
Hmmm...I recently found out I reached my photo quota, too! :( I didn't know that was possible on blogger and I am quite sad. I have a friend who thinks he can help. If he can, I"ll have to let you know what to do, too!!
Hi Kimberly,
Cora reached her max on pictures, too, and started a new blog entirely. She had to pick a new name, which made her a little bit sad, but what can you do? A slopoke blogger like me probably won't max it for years yet. :) I hope that you'll start a new blog as I love to see what you're doing too.
Hugs,
Dawn
Post a Comment