We had another major storm move through our area Friday afternoon into Saturday morning. It was so beautiful out there yesterday morning that I took a walk. The air was still and I could hear our neighbor's tractor over a mile away. The trees were laden with ice and snow and I could hear some cracking of limbs but not many. I took some pictures but for some reason I am unable to put them on here today.
Since church was cancelled for the day we had planned to stay home. It was so warm and nice though that we decided to go pick Whitney up for the day. As everything including the road was white it was hard to see where the road was. We drove slowly and watched the side of the road where we could see some grass poking through the snow. In some places there were tracks of a previous vehicle. Most of the way we had to make our own tracks. A trip that normally takes only a few minutes took us 40! Whitney was happy to see us and was ready to leave. Ryan came driving over shortly later as he had finished his ranching chores. We spent a nice day eating and visiting with our older daughter and son-in-law.
In the afternoon most of the snow and ice melted from the trees and power lines. I don't think we will loose power as so many in our state did.
Right now it is snowing lightly and the wind is blowing. It definitely isn't nice like it was yesterday. But I don't think it is going to be as bad as they had originally predicted. Tim and Daniel are outside getting our old tractor started so they can clear the snow from our driveway. Tim wants to make sure I can get the van out if I need to get somewhere.
Because of the storm Brandon didn't come home this weekend. Last night we watched the local news out of Fargo. It looked like they got it worse than we did. They got a lot of rain, snow, and slush. There were reports of several accidents and people sliding into the ditch and snow. The slush freezing on the roads will make for some awful driving conditions.
Last night we watched Globe Trekker. It was on the Balkans, very beautiful countries. After that was over we watched figure skating. It was the women's national championships with two skaters being picked for the Olympic teams. Since then Leah has been wearing her Super Girl costume and has been skating around the house. She sure has some graceful moves.
I need to look up some new books for book basket. This is our last week in Africa then we will be going to Asia starting in Saudi Arabia. I will try to post some pictures later.
No comments:
Post a Comment