The roads here are awful. Tim got stuck one morning coming home from work. He got himself out and had to go a different route. Then that route got drifted in, too. It's a challenge trying to find a way to town and back sometimes. I was happy to hear the plow going by this morning. YIPPEE!! I only hope the road doesn't drift and get plugged right away. I would like to make it to town this week.
I am in a much needed break from school. But we are going to try to get through next week and then take a week off.
After Monday this past week we did an abbreviated form of school. That was nice. One of the fun things we did while studying The Exodus was to pretend we were eating manna.
So early Wednesday morning before the children were awake I made popcorn and spread it on this towel in the school room.
I told the children to gather their food for the day as this is what they would get to eat. Daniel gathered a bowl and proceeded to eat it. He should have gathered more. Leah gathered a bowl full but wouldn't eat it. Since it wasn't really her object lesson I let her go have something else. The thought of eating only popcorn for the whole day wasn't too appealing to anyone. I'm sure we would have been one of the Israelites that complained over their manna. We did have the popcorn for breakfast and snack but had a regular lunch.
We had a son turn 21 last week.
It was a good day spent with him.
After spending the Sabbath with him we all went up to town and saw the new Narnia movie. Then we went to Walmart to have him pick out his present. It was a fun day.
I remember the year he was born. It was bitterly cold that year, too. He sure has been a winter boy and enjoys the snow.
No matter how old our children get they only grow more precious.
2 comments:
Hi Kimberly,
I love your idea for collecting manna for their daily food--makes the Bible come alive.
CONGRATUlATIONS on another birthday in your family! WOW--where does the time go?
I am wondering if you would mind sharing where you bought your Sabbath tablecloth? It would be so awesome to have one to mark the most special day of the week?
Keep warm,
Dawn
How wonderful!
He sure is a handsome boy!
I know what you mean about the snow! It has been drifting the roads shut here, too, and we didn't get nearly as much snow as other parts of the state.
We have about 8 to 10" on the ground, I estimate. Did you guys get a lot? I heard that some places in your neck of the woods got well over a foot!
Post a Comment