We are in the midst of another storm. With several new inches of wet snow that fell yesterday and a good stiff wind things aren't too nice out there.
This morning after trying three different ways to get home and finding each blocked with snow drifts Tim went back to town and is staying at Brandon's. It's good that he has a place to stay where he doesn't have to feel like he is a bother. When he called me this morning he was just fixing himself something to eat while Brandon was getting ready for work. He should have a nice quiet place to sleep.
A couple weeks ago a bow broke off my glasses. Even though they were old I still liked them and thought they could fix them. They said they couldn't. I suspect they wouldn't as it is more profitable for them to sell me a new pair. Since I was due for an exam, our insurance pays for an exam every two years and pays $250 toward either glasses or contacts, I decided to get checked so I could get some new glasses. Knowing the storm was on its way I called early yesterday morning to see if my new glasses were there.
The glasses were there but needed to be inspected. They didn't call back until almost 1:00 to say that I could pick them up. By then we had had most of the snow we got. Whitney was here and said she would watch the children until Tim got up so I decided to go to town.
By the time I drove the two miles to the pavement I was wishing I had just stayed home. The gravel was horrible and the pavement wasn't much better with drifts all over the road. Plus everything was white, the ditches as well as the road, so it was hard to tell where the road was. I made it to town alright, got my glasses, stopped at the library for a supply of books to read if we got stranded here, and picked up some groceries and other vital items at Walmart. I was dreading the drive home. But made it fine and was thankful to be back home.
This morning Tim had asked me to note if I heard any sounds of someone clearing the road going north. Our neighbor to the east will sometimes come with his tractor and snow blower and clean the road to the pavement. The children, Elly, and I walked out to the crossroads. It didn't look like anyone had been by since yesterday. If I would have stayed outside about ten minutes more I could have talked to our mail lady as she dropped off the mail. I really didn't expect her to come today and am very curious to know how she got here. Well she's a hardy soul.
We have had a lazy day. I did school with Leah and tried to do so with Daniel. But he is coming down with a cold and was having a hard day so we just shelved it for today. Now my schedule is all messed up but I'm trying not to stress myself about it.
Oh...I have to tell you about my glasses. For the first time I have progressive lenses. They sure are nice for reading and computer but I'm not sure I like them for distance. It seems like I can't see as well far away. They told me to wear them a few days before I make a judgment about whether I like them or not. So I will try.
That's about all the news I have for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment