Whitney agreed to fix Leah's hair. She used to do it all the time when she lived at home. I just can't do the fancy "dos" like she can.
Leah all dressed up for a Sabbath at home.
We had a nice lunch of home made spaghetti sauce I had made on Friday, garlic toast, salad, punch, and two desserts. Whitney had said she would bring a cake. After the wind we had on Friday I didn't think she would make it here so I made a pumpkin pie. Her cake was something she made up and so delicious!
After visiting with us and playing Littlest Pet Shop with the children Whitney had to leave before it got dark as the roads were pretty drifty between here and their place. Ryan didn't come as he was busy snow blowing roads and driveways for people who can't do it themselves. Ryan's whole family had gone down to SD to see Ryan's sister and family for the weekend. So all the farm duties fell to Ryan and Whitney.
Here's a shot of the road north of our trees. Those drifts were really hard but not hard enough to drive over.
Here we are walking over the drifts as we hiked with Whitney to her truck. Can you see her truck in the distance?
It took us awhile but we made it.
Here's a shot of our farm as we were walking back. The sun was getting ready to set.
I found some cute pictures on my camera. Leah loves Elly and I think the feeling is returned.
Our Elly.
One of these days I will get back to blogging about our school. I'm kind of in a slump right now though we had a really great week last week. The children are continuing to learn great things. It was nice to have a bit of a break but good to get back into our routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment