Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Plow Came

 I am happy to report that we can  now get out of here in two directions.  It helps that Tim got the yard cleaned.





First he had to scoop some of the snow.  Then he used the snow blower.





The children went out to enjoy the "warm" day.





The roads weren't open last week so Tim had to walk from the hill past those trees in the distance.  Our son, Brandon picked him up and took him to town so he could get to work.





It makes me glad to be his wife.





The children and I picked him up at this same spot Friday night.  He even carried some groceries all that way.





On Sabbath Tim heard the plow north of us, a little further on from Tim in the above picture.  Alas, the plow couldn't get through.  He tried from both directions and left a snow bank about 8 feet high in the middle of the road.  I sure hope no one runs into it.  I will try to get a picture of it today.

Our mail lady, Mavis was finally able to bring 5 days of mail.  She said the road going south was good. 

The plow also got the east way opened but left a snowbank going west and didn't get through there either.

We were able to get out later yesterday.  Last night I made sure I stocked up on groceries.  I hear the wind blowing again today and worry that the roads will close soon.

I am so looking forward to summer.

2 comments:

Tamera said...

How wonderful to be able to get out. It feels claustrophobic when you can't get out, doesn't it?

Jennifer said...

Hey, Kim! Wow, what different lives we live. We were forecasted for snow here in southeast Texas last Friday, and the girls were so disappointed when it didn't end up happening. It *never* snows here, but we have actually had a freak storm each of the past two winters that has brought enough snow to build a snowman, so my girls thought snow was a "normal" part of winter for us!

Your pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to show them to Hannah and Millie. Stay warm and safe! :)