Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Man's Junk is Another's Treasure


On Friday we had a rummage sale at Brandon's.  Mostly we had items left from Tim's folk's house.  Tim, Whitney, Daniel, Leah, Brandon, and I had a few things as well.  All in all we did pretty well.

Tim's sister, Tracey, helped sell.



It is interesting to see what people buy.




We got rid of more things than we thought we would.  Still there is too much left to just take down to the second hand stores.  Our plan is to have another sale next Friday.  We need to dig around here and find some new things to add.

I had put a roast with home made spaghetti sauce into the oven for our supper after the sale.  It was easy to do and so delicious after the long cold day.  After eating we all sat out on Brandon's deck and enjoyed the evening.



Brandon lit his lamps even though there weren't any mosquito's out in the cool evening. 




I was so tired Friday night.  My back ached from lifting things.  It was so nice to enter the Sabbath's rest.

After church on Sabbath we went to our friends, the Sayler's.  Other families were there as well.  We sure enjoyed the day.

It's hard to believe it is the start of another new week already.

We have two days of school to finish.  I'm kind of happy and sad at the same time.  I like the routine of school especially the last few weeks where it is mainly just Bible and history.

But it will be nice to take the summer off to do the summer's work.  Did I mention that we got the garden planted?  I wasn't sure I would plant one but just couldn't imagine not doing it.  As I only planted it last Sunday nothing is up except for the plants that were plants when I planted them.

I only have 6 tomato plants this year.  They are all heirloom tomatoes.  I don't want much canning to do this fall.

Other than school and the sale I don't have any big plans this week.  I am hoping to get some organizational and cleaning projects accomplished.


No comments: