Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Camping Weekend


It was so nice to get away, yet again, this past weekend.  Not that we have things we need to get away from other than work.  I, and I know Tim, too, find it so relaxing to sit beside some water with nothing other to do than take care of basic needs.  There's no laundry, no cleaning (not much anyway), no school, no vision therapy, no...etc.

My little house does not take long to load and is easy to keep.



We didn't know where to go for our possibly last camping trip of the year.  One of our favorite places, Fort Lincoln State Park, on the Missouri River is flooded this year.  Tim thought of going to Beaver Creek Recreation Area west of Linton.  We had never camped there but it sounded nice.  So I made reservations.



There were only two spots left when I went online to make reservations so we took one of them.  We were impressed with the camp but didn't like our spot as we couldn't get our camper near to level.  How was I to make pancakes that weren't lopsided?



While we were setting up a camp employee came by.  Tim asked if there were any other spots open.  He told us that someone had just cancelled and we could have spot 18 if no one else had grabbed it before we got over there.  They hadn't so we did.  It was perfect.



We had this view the whole weekend.   And we enjoyed it immensely. 



Whitney and Jade came over on Sabbath.  Elly and Jade enjoyed playing in the water.



Tim and I fished under this same bridge about 31 years ago with my parents.  I out fished him that day.  This time I didn't fish but Tim, Daniel, and Leah did. 

The children were tired of fishing by the time Whitney and I walked over so they went back with us to the camp.  When Tim came back several hours later he said that he caught about 20 fish.  He didn't keep them as he doesn't like white bass so he released them.



Jade is such a good swimmer and is getting so big.  She is almost half the size of Elly now.



Beaver Creek flows into Beaver Bay which is on Lake Oahe part of the Missouri River.  The water is high there, too, but it didn't look like it had flooded the campground. 


We were able to relax this morning and not leave until after noon.  Usually we have to hurry to get home so Tim can get to work.  But he went in a little later today.



We have everything unloaded from our camper and it is ready to put away until the next time.  I'm hoping there will still be a next time this year, maybe in September.


It's back to the real world and I need to help Daniel do his vision therapy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun just relaxing around the water. Happy you all had a good time camping.

The water is so calming and peaceful. The snow has the same calming affect on me.
Hope you have a wonderful week. God Bless. See you Sabbath at church.

Cora Beth said...

What great pictures! It looks like you all had a marvelous time. :) We've been to that same area, many long years ago. We don't do much camping these days with our animals to care for and all, but I know you know what that's like too...

Have a great day tomorrow~
Cora

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Kimberly,
I am praising God for giving you such a lovely camping spot! It reminds me of when HE got you a spot in the hotel in Grand Forks during the home school convention when you suddenly needed one. Isn't HE just so awesome?
What a wonderful post and I'm hoping that you get to go camping again yet this year.
Happy Sabbath sweet Kimberly!
Dawn

Lisa said...

I think your camping post are some of my favorites because they remind me of all the fun I had camping with my family when I was a little girl. I love how Whitney and her husband often join you for Sabbath. You have a wonderful family, Kimberly. Happy belated Birthday!