A few weeks ago my daughter, Whitney, was here with her camera. While viewing some pictures she wanted to show me I saw these as well. These two pictures were taken last March at the annual North Dakota Home School Convention. Since I use My Father's World curriculum I was asked to work at their booth during the convention which I did on Friday.
It was good for me to look back on this photo for various reasons, one being that I look a little different now as I have lost 35 pounds since then. I would like to loose another 35 but have been stuck here for awhile. Still, I feel so much better.
The convention is a good time to learn new things, be encouraged, visit with old friends, and to make new ones.
I saw this nice picture of Ryan, Whitney, and Jade taken on our swing last summer. I love summer! Jade is a lot bigger now. In fact she is bigger than Elly though Jade is still a puppy. Whitney has trained her so well using Cesar's Dog Whisperer methods.
This is a picture Whitney took of Rue, I think, at their place. A couple years ago someone dropped off a pregnant female at the main farm. Whitney and Ryan took her home. I think she had 5 kittens one of which was killed by the fox that visits their farm. Whitney had the mother cat and 4 kittens all spayed or neutered. Later the mother cat disappeared. She still has the 4 kittens that help keep her farm rodent free.
Our spring like weather has ended for now. We sure did enjoy it. I was happy that it was still so nice, over 50 degrees, on Tuesday when we had Daniel's last visit with Dr. Agnes, his vision therapy optometrist. Dustin was able to go with us and we enjoyed the day with him. Daniel introduced him to Dr. Agnes. Dr. Agnes said that he had heard a lot about Dustin and I'm sure he had as Daniel can be quite the talker.
Since this visit was Daniel's "exit" Dr. Agnes evaluated him. Daniel is doing so well since doing the vision therapy for almost 2 years. There is one area that still gives him trouble. One of the tests Dr. Agnes gave Daniel was to make or keep something single. Daniel couldn't do it very well and usually saw double. I remember from his last evaluation the same thing happened. Can you imagine how hard this would be if you are trying to read or do school work?
Dr. Agnes said that he had woke up the night before thinking about Daniel even though he didn't know that Daniel was coming in the next day. He is a little perplexed about what to do about this problem and doesn't want Daniel to go backwards. His suggestion was to do no home therapy (WHOO-HOO-YAY!!!!!!) but to come back to the office once a month for 5 months for a double vision therapy session so he can keep an eye on things and make sure that Daniel's vision doesn't digress. I was in the room for the exam and saw the trouble that Daniel had. I agreed with Dr. Agnes' recommendation and set up the appointments.
Daniel still received his graduation certificate. Dr. Agnes made sure to praise Daniel's accomplishments in vision therapy. Daniel really doesn't mind doing the vision therapy at the office though he (and I) didn't want to do anymore home therapy.
It won't be so bad to go to Fargo once a month. It won't be as expensive as going every two weeks. I can still shop at Sam's which I like to do. So, all in all it was a good report as Daniel has much better vision now.
No comments:
Post a Comment