Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Days


We have been enjoying our lovely summer.  Friday evenings Tim is home with us.  We try to have a special supper not only because he is home but also because it ushers in the weekly Shabbat which we look forward to all week long.



This Friday evening Tim and I had steaks and the children had burgers made on the grill.  It has been amazing to sit outside as there are nearly no flies or mosquitoes to bother us.



Daniel and Leah still have care of Whitney's old hens.  This is a picture of my favorite, Spotty.  She is a talker. 

The hens seem to have fallen in love with being around our house.  I think it is because I water the new lawn frequently, it is the only green grass on the farm, and it has more bugs and worms for them to eat.  Mostly I don't mind but I think they have eaten the new sprouts of grass that I reseeded and they leave droppings.



Leah is becoming a real "Daddy's Girl". 



Last week we celebrated Whitney's birthday.  All the children were here for it including Ryan.  After lunch some of them went swimming in our new pool.



There wasn't a dull or quiet moment with Brandon in there.  They all seemed to have a blast.



Yesterday we had a quieter Shabbat which we seemed to need this week.  Towards evening we drove over to a dam that is close by so the dogs could cool off, Whitney and Daniel could kayak, and Tim could wet a line.  Jade is a great swimmer.  She followed Whitney around.  We finally had to put a leash on her to keep her with us so Whitney could go further around the lake.  Jade is very attached.



Elly only goes in up to her stomach as she can't swim well.  She loves the water so it is kind of sad.

Today looks to be very hot with a breeze blowing from the south east.  It could be another perfect summer day.

I love summer!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

You have an amazing life, simple, yet full of all the great stuff. I like seeing your grown children home. The pool pic is such a happy one.

Dawn Bornemann said...

Summer is my favorite season too!
Dawn