It has been awhile since I have posted. The reason is that last week Wednesday my computer quit working. I took it to a shop in town that I had previously taken it. Then we picked it up on Friday afternoon. I never did get to talk with the man who fixed it so I'm not really sure what caused the problem. He did have to restore the operating system. It cost me a big bundle of money that was all for labor.
I was so excited to get it back and even got all the cords hooked up right as I had labeled them as I took them off. Boy, was I disappointed. Everything looked different. And most of my programs are missing so I will have to take it back to the shop again. Some things I have slowly been able to figure out and put back to normal. One thing that did not work was Internet.
At first I thought it was a problem with my computer. Finally I called our Internet provider. She had me do some tests on my computer and thought it might be our dsl box. Now one of their workers would have to come out and check it...more waiting! Thursday morning the repairman called and said he would be here in 1/2 hour.
It took him longer than that. I guess he had some trouble on our roads as they hadn't been cleaned. By the time he got here I had found that the problem was in the phone jack. All that was wrong was a wire had come loose! I'm sure Tim could have fixed that. But the repairman did find a problem in our line somewhere that was causing a loud humming noise on our phone line. So it is good he came out here.
The last two days have been busy with school, house work, and cooking but I have tried catching up on my email and favorite blogs. It is nice to be able to do that again.
I also wanted to say that I have been enjoying watching the Olympics.
No comments:
Post a Comment