Monday, February 1, 2010

Warm Morning

I was finally able to post some pictures on my blog. These are from a week ago Saturday after we had snow and before the wind came up early Monday morning. I took a walk down the road a bit as it was so warm and still outside. The woods looked so beautiful with the frost and snow on the trees.



This is the road going north. It was hard to tell where the road was!



This was the road going south.



Here I am on the road looking east.


Later the sun came out and melted a lot of the snow and frost on the trees and power lines. We were happy that we didn't loose power.

This is a short video. It was hard work walking through all that snow and I am a bit breathless as I had hurried to the house to get my cameras and back again to the road.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberly,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WORLD WE LIVE IN!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing these awesome pictures of your winter wonderland! An extra big THANK YOU for the video of your voice. It was almost like being there with you. :)
Keep warm dear friend,
Dawn

Cora Beth said...

Your home looks so cozy--with the smoke coming out of the chimney and all! :) Yesterday, we ran out of propane for our furnace, and as it was Sunday, we didn't want to order any in as we knew we'd get charged a lot more on the weekend. So, we were grateful to have electric heaters to run, but with it being so cold and windy, they weren't able to keep up very well and it was 50 degrees or so inside until the delivery man came this morning and filled us up again. Now it's finally starting to warm up in here and pretty soon we'll be able to peel off some layers. Ahhh....

I'm enjoying my dog, Lady very much, even though she's made a couple messes inside. I'm sure it's just going to take her a little while to get used to everything here in her new home. Thankfully, her previous owner said that she likes taking baths, so that will be helpful!

Well, stay warm!
Love,
Cora