It has been so long since I have been able to post pictures on my blog so I have a surplus of school pictures and thought I would just put them all on here at one time.
This is from our study of Germany. The Germans use pressed flower in their art. So we pressed some flowers we bought. I don't like spending a bunch of money on art projects but did find some inexpensive ones as well as some cheap frames at
Walmart. I really like Daniel's finished picture!

Leah's is unique...

Last fall for science we planted a potato in this pot. I didn't think it was growing but got too lazy to throw it out. Then a couple months after I had planted it I noticed some growth!! This picture was taken January 19
th. The plant is now over two feet tall!

This is our
rain forest experiment from when we studied South America. I have not watered it since I planted it months ago. It shows how water is just recycled in a rain forest. It is always moist in there and the plant could use a new bigger jar as it has grown to the top of this one.

This is one of our African art projects, a colorful basket made from squares of fabric.

The children made some murals of African animals on the Savannah. Leah's...

and Daniel's...

In this video Daniel is explaining how we play the geography game. We play twice a week in geography class. So far we have 4 boards that we play: North America, South America, Europe, and Africa. This week we will add Asia. It really has helped us learn the countries.
1 comment:
Dear Kimberly,
What a wonderful post full of pictures. I love the pressed flower art! Thanks too for the video of Daniel. Isn't technology amazing--it's like he's right here.
That's so neat about your potatoe plant. I'm thinking of planting a few beets in the house so that I can get seeds for this year. Trouble is I can't recall if those beets came from open-pollinated seeds. :)
Back to school,
Dawn
Post a Comment