Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Convention

This will have to be a quick post. I just wanted to say that the home school convention was so encouraging. And it was nice to get away as a family and just have fun. I will try to write more about the convention and the great speakers we heard and the neat people we met in a future post.

Shortly I will need to go outside and help Tim unload the play ground equipment he bought for Daniel and Leah. Tim just got a call from his good childhood friend, Mark, who lives in North Carolina. Mark just flew into Fargo and is on his way to Jamestown. Mark's mom, Marlene is in Jamestown hospital and is not doing too well. Tim is going to go up to be with the family. Your prayers would be appreciated.

Here is a picture of our yard from last week. It has dried up some since then but we still have a lot of snow.


It was nice to be able to see Brandon while we were in Fargo. I think we saw him every day we were there except on Friday. He came swimming with the kids on Saturday night. They had so much fun even though the pool was packed.

He took Leah down the slide. She was pretty stiff Brandon said, but asked to go down again.


As we were driving home from Fargo on Sunday evening we noticed thousands of geese flying. So glad it is spring. This morning I had a lot of fat robins sitting in my berry tree outside of my back door. I love hearing them sing, "Cheer, cheer cheerily" as I sit here on my computer. The tree is so ugly and misshapen. But I like to keep it around so the robins have something to eat in the spring.

Tim is almost ready for me to help him so I best go.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly,
I am so happy for you to have had a great time of fellowship and learning at the convention!
Thanks for the pictures of the robins--we haven't seen any but we're flooded with migrating geese. How I love their honking, "Happy Spring to the Bornemann family."
Happy Spring to you and your family,
Dawn