Isn't the above photo cute? Sunny on the left was a registered Boxer and Stormy a Boston Terrier. Both were such great dogs. Sunny was 12 weeks old on the photo and smaller than Stormy. Sunny was very attached to the kids and prefer them especially boys. Stormy was my dog.I said in an earlier post that all our indoor pets died since the beginning of the new year. These parakeets were from the left Garth (Whitney's) and Rex (Brandon's). Yes, we could tell them apart. Shortly after we moved here to the farm, maybe about 12 years ago, we saw an advertisement for baby parakeets. We drove to the lady's farm which was south of Montpelier just off HWY 46. Brandon was the one who was going to buy a bird but after seeing them Whitney decided to get one too. The lady had two sets of parents, a green pair and a blue pair. The eggs of the blue pair hadn't hatched yet. In this picture Rex was already sick. You can see he is all fluffed up. He died shortly after the new year.

I love this picture. The dogs and cats didn't usually get along but here they were all laying in a row. The cats were still kittens so maybe that's why they could all lay together. From left is Carmel, she died in her first year, Stormy, he has been gone 3 years and lived to be 12 yrs old, Sunny, and Mario whom we still have.

And I love this picture. Brandon and his little bird, Rex, taking a nap together. See Rex's little head tucked under his wing. And yes, Brandon really is sleeping.

Garth died just last week. ( And Sunny the week before.) Where Rex was sick for a few weeks, Garth got sick and it progressed so quickly he was dead in one day. But it looked like the same thing. So I supposed he caught it from Rex.
This is a picture of Sunny (and Dustin) when she was still a puppy. She was the best dog!! We are so sad that she is gone. Daniel and I cried for days. She lived to be almost 12 years old and was very sick the last few months of her life. I'm not sure but I think she either had diabetes or kidney disease or maybe both. She also suffered from severe food allergies most of her life. It was difficult to find a dog food she could eat.

I love this picture. The dogs and cats didn't usually get along but here they were all laying in a row. The cats were still kittens so maybe that's why they could all lay together. From left is Carmel, she died in her first year, Stormy, he has been gone 3 years and lived to be 12 yrs old, Sunny, and Mario whom we still have.

And I love this picture. Brandon and his little bird, Rex, taking a nap together. See Rex's little head tucked under his wing. And yes, Brandon really is sleeping.

Garth died just last week. ( And Sunny the week before.) Where Rex was sick for a few weeks, Garth got sick and it progressed so quickly he was dead in one day. But it looked like the same thing. So I supposed he caught it from Rex.
I will especially miss my baby sitter, Sunny. I never worried when she was outside with the kids. I knew if some beast whether four legged or two came along and tried hurting them she would protect them with her life. And yet with the children she was so gentle and never hurt them unless she accidentally stepped on their foot or something.
Whitney reminded me of a time when she was younger and was cleaning the dead leaves out of the lilac bushes that run on the west side of the house. She looked up, saw a strange dog staring at her, and then kind of screamed a little. Sunny was a little ways away but that's all it took. She came barrelling over there and chased that dog until she came to the north east corner of our property. Sunny came back and the dog kept going. She was smart. She knew where our property was and that the other dog shouldn't be on it!
Many thanks to God who gave us these precious creatures for the many years he did. We truly enjoyed their companionship. We miss them but have treasured memories.
I'm glad I was finally able to post some pictures. It was thanks to Andrew who left a comment telling me what to do. Thank you, Andrew.
Yesterday was my daughter, Whitney and my son-in-law, Ryan's first wedding anniversary. Do you know I forgot to get them a card when I was in town last week? I'll still do it and I know what we are going to get them. That will take a trip to Bismark though. I want to post some pictures of their wedding here. I'll try to get them up before we head to Fargo.
No comments:
Post a Comment