The other day Daniel told me that Ryan told him that he had eaten some fresh corn. That got me thinking that I had better check my corn. It was ready! That night we had corn for supper. That's it, just corn. We ate until we were full of it.
It seems early this year. I know I did plant it early. But it didn't come up right away. Maybe it is the heat and humidity we had that made it grow so well. I don't feel ready to put up all that corn. But I got some freezer baggies yesterday and plan to go out this morning and pick off all the cobs that are ripe.
I use the freezer method my mother taught me. It's easy, quick, and what we like. I blanch the cobs in boiling water for a few minutes, put them into two different cold water baths, cut the corn off the cob, put it in baggies, and then freeze it. What a delicious addition to those winter meals.
The children are still sleeping. The house is quiet. I've been outside with Elly. We let the chickens out of their coop. Elly is learning that she can't chase them although she really wants to. She ran around awhile while I got her breakfast ready. After I fed Mario I took her bowl out to her fence and she followed. First she wanted to play like we usually do. But she couldn't find her toys. I put them as well as her blanket in the washer. So she went out to eat. With a full tummy she is content to lay outside watching things.
Daniel has been feeling a little under the weather. On Tuesday he had an earache. He stayed home with Tim yesterday while Leah and I went to town. He hasn't been hungry. I'm hoping he will feel better when he gets up this morning.
If I am going to get all my work done today I had best get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment