Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not Much

Nothing too exciting going on around here but I will post about it anyway.  We did make it to the pool twice this week, Monday and Wednesday.  It was such good pool weather.  The children enjoyed playing with their friends and have made progress in their water skills.  It's too bad the pool will close this weekend for the season as there is still a lot of summer left.  But the lifeguards are all students that will be going back to school.


Tuesday Daniel had his first double vision therapy session which means we won't have to go back to Fargo for two weeks.  YAY!!!  While we were waiting for him to get done I visited with another mom whose son is doing vision therapy.  She also home educates him.  I appreciated the hints and ideas she gave me on how to make therapy fit into the school day.  They have been doing the therapy since last October they are almost finished.  It was encouraging to me to talk with her.


We ate at the Three Birds Bake Shop that is right there in the building where Dr. Agnes' office is located.  They make all their own bread, soups, and desserts there.  As they are just starting out I wanted to give them my business since it isn't a very good location.  It was a delicious meal.  I had the tomato basil soup and a mushroom swiss burger.  Daniel chose a half sandwich, a grilled roast beef with swiss, and a cup of chicken noodle soup.  Leah had mac n cheese and a burger with no bun because she doesn't "like the hard edges" of a toasted bun.


I had planned to just go to Sam's and then leave for home.  Since it looked stormy outside I didn't want to get caught driving in it again so we went to the mall and walked around a bit.  Daniel had earned a coupon in vision therapy for a free treat from McDonald's.  Before we left the mall he redeemed it for a caramel sundae.  Leah and I both had a vanilla ice cream cone for $0.49 each.


Yesterday we had our air ducts cleaned.  One day this week a woman called offering a special price on duct cleaning.  Since it had been over 8 years when we last had it done Tim and I figured we had best get it done again.  It was such a hot day to have the air off and the south doors open for the hoses.  But now it is clean.


We are planning to start formal school next week.  I will start Leah's K curriculum, MFW first.  Since we will be doing the deluxe package I need to get the ants for our ant farm ordered.  We will need them when we study the sound of the letter A.  Also, I want to look for some butterfly eggs.  Monarches love milkweed.  There is a lot of milkweed around here.  If I can't find any eggs I can order some of those, too.  It is so nice to see these things first hand if possible.


For Daniel I just plan to do some review things next week and not start his curriculum, MFW CtG right away.


It is looking kind of stormy out there.  So I had best get this posted and shut off my computer.  I leave you with a picture of Leah in her new "school" clothes.  (Oh phooey it won't rotate!)



2 comments:

Tamera said...

What a CUTE outfit! My kiddos don't get "back to school clothes" since we homeschool, but I guess in a way, they're lucky because they get new clothes at different times of the year, lol.

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean. I didn't usually call them "school" clothes either. But I am trying to generate excitement to begin formal "school" here. Wearing new outfits will help Leah as she has been wanting to wear her new fall clothes. Not sure what will do it for Daniel as he isn't very fashion conscious.