Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School

On Monday I started Leah's school.  As you probably know we are using My Father's World From A to Z   which is a kindergarten curriculum.  She was pretty excited to start and we had a great first day.


On Sunday the school room and the other upstairs rooms got a thorough cleaning.  Then I finished the last few things I needed to do to feel ready for school.  After I covered them with clear contact paper I cut out the ABC Bingo cards with my handy dandy cutter.




Then I cut out the ABC cards.





Monday morning Leah couldn't wait for me to come up to the school room and had already started working in one of her preschool books she has that she loves.





She was all dressed up.





After we studied about the 1st day of creation, made the first page of her creation book, and cut out the number 1 and glued it onto the poster she is making we played an ABC game.  Leah knew all the names of her letters and even said, "This is capital B.  This is lowercase b."  She remembered the sounds of the letters, too.





While Leah was learning Daniel had to play quietly.  They both enjoyed the change.  Here he is doing an alphabet page with the wooden blocks.





Then he did a cursive handwriting page.  I had him do the addition math facts page.  He got 100% on that.  And he read to us a portion from his Bible.





While he was doing that Leah was having fun making a flower out of the wooden blocks.





When we finished upstairs we went outside.  We dug some potatoes for lunch, picked some green beans, ripe tomatoes, yellow zucchini, and lettuce.  I got a meatloaf in the oven and was working on washing the lettuce.  I noticed some hard black things on the leaves.  I was hoping it wasn't butterfly eggs.  It was!  I found 2 caterpillars before I threw all the lettuce out.  I saved this guy as well as his sister and put them with some lettuce into our butterfly garden.  I suspect they will turn into white butterflies.





All in all it was a great day!  Leah is ready to start another one so I had best get ready as well.


I leave you with a short video of Leah.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the scarf! Leah has grown up so much since our days together. It looks like a perfect beginning to the school year!

Tamera said...

Looks like you had a wonderful first day of school!