It's all dark and dreary looking outside.
But it is warm and cheery inside.
We had a lovely Sabbath. I did get to church and was happy to be able to do so. In Sabbath school we are watching the video series, That The World May Know with Ray Vanderlaan. We are now on Volume 8 titled, God Heard Their Cry. Yesterday's lesson, the third, Ramesseum - Finger of God: The Plagues, was very interesting. It is exciting to be able to see these places in Egypt as this past week Daniel started reading in Exodus for CtG. We will be going through the 10 plagues soon.
I had made a hearty beef stew for lunch. It was simple to make but very tasty. Whitney and Ryan came over after church to eat with us. We always enjoy having our grown children home especially on Sabbaths.
Last night we watched a video, Kidnapped, an old Disney movie based on the book by Robert Louis Stevenson, that Daniel picked at the library. I thought I had seen it before but realized I hadn't. I don't think Leah enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did. But she sat through most of it.
I want to get my Thanksgiving cards written today so I can send them tomorrow. Other than that I don't have much planned for my day.
For this week's school we will finish the lesson plans from last week and hopefully get one day completed for the following week. That will give us a day off for the next Tuesday we go to Fargo for Daniel's appointment. We are hoping to do a little shopping then.
I notice Ellyana is laying on the warm tiles by the wood stove. All our dogs (and children, too) have done that.
May you all have a blessed Thanksgivings with your families. I will try to remember to take my camera to Whitney and Ryan's and get some pictures of our day there.
3 comments:
We got a little snow late last night as well. I, too, would have been surprised this morning, but my kiddos happened to look outside and screeched the news, lol.
Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to you and your family.
Hi Kimberly,
I enjoy reading your weekly wrap ups, you do such interesting things with your kids! We had quite a bit of snow and were just plowed out about noon today, but it looks like we're in for quite a bit more starting some time tomorrow. I shouldn't be surprised, but winter kind of snuck up on me. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment