Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Daniel's Birthday

We had such a nice Sabbath birthday party for Daniel. The meal turned out well. And we were only missing a couple people that we had invited. Here is a picture of Whitney, Brandon, and Jenn, Brandon's girlfriend.


Daniel is getting ready to blow out his eight candles.


He did it!


After lunch we all enjoyed some time outside in the beautiful sunshine. Our neighbor was harvesting to the south and east of our farm. But the wind was blowing from the NW and kept all the chaff away from us.


Whitney had taken Daniel's Jeep home and wrapped it for me. When he saw the present he knew what it was. He had been saying most of the week that he was sure I had got the Jeep that day at Target. He sure did enjoy it. Brandon got out his truck and they spent some time racing around the driveway. Daniel has been playing with this everyday.


Daniel also loved his lego sets and the other gifts that people gave him. I think he had a good 8th birthday.
When it is the children's birthday I like to get out their baby books and tell them a little about their birth and how happy I was. All their births were special but Daniel's was extra special. After we had Brandon we thought our family should be complete so Tim had a vasectomy. We later realized that wasn't what we should have done at all. Tim had a reversal. So Daniel and Leah are reversal babies. Many prayers went out for them!
Daniel was born at home with a midwife attending. It was such a special experience. I loved that I could labor in any position I chose. Tim wasn't sure when to call the midwife. Finally I pretty forcefully said, "Call her!" She lived over 3 hours away but made it with only 20 minutes to spare. Daniel came into the world so peacefully. It was 6:16 in the morning. We had soft lights on so it wasn't so bright for him. He didn't cry at all. The older children were still sleeping. It had seemed to them, and me, that he would never be born and I would be pregnant forever! Whitney was the first to wake around 7:00. When she came into our room and saw the baby on the bed her smile was bigger than I had ever seen it! She was the one who dressed him for the first time. Dustin and Brandon came down a little later and were happy as well.
After I called my mom and Bob they came right up. Bob told us that Mom was so excited. She took one look at him and said, "I'm driving!" He said it was a pretty fast drive. A good thing that they were only 6 miles away!!
Daniel was a peaceful baby and rarely fussed. He still is pretty laid back and is certainly a nice boy to be around.

1 comment:

Cora Beth said...

I'm so glad Daniel had a happy birthday! I can still remember him as a little baby, and how excited Whitney was to have a little baby in the house again! I also remember the time that we visited you when he was about two and he got into saying, "Nose, nose" forever--for whatever reason. He was so cute, and still is, although I imagine he might not like hearing that. :)