Sunday, September 27, 2009

Harvest of Thanks

It was such a blessed Sabbath. The evening meetings were so good. Israel Steinmetz had wonderful messages on thankfulness in all situations. We were encouraged by them. He has a way of speaking that makes it easy to listen and pay attention. I loved his youthfulness and perspective.

Our annual special meal went well. The roast beef was made by a place in Streeter and was delicious. We ladies made canned potatoes in butter and parsley, corn, and brought coleslaw, fruit, and bars. It was easy to prepare and good to eat.

Everything went timely. The morning service was over by 12:00. Everyone was through the food line fairly quickly. There was room for all to sit and enjoy their meal.

The afternoon program got started on time and was full of blessings of songs. How we all enjoyed them. The leader of Missions Abroad was there with a short video of a couple projects our church is involved in supporting. The video was very touching and encouraged us to give even more.

Of course there was a light evening meal and time of fellowship. I was kept busy most of the afternoon watching my little children. I was thankful for such a beautiful day outside and informed them that they had to stay outside where I could see them. They were both obedient and did so. That way I, too, was able to enjoy visiting with those who were also outside.

After supper Karol and Brad took a big group of us over to see what they have been doing with the old schoolhouse. It was the first time I had been in there for a long time. They have done a lot of work already. I like the vision they have for the place.

What a wonderful full day it was. As nice as it was it was good to get home shortly after 8:00.

Today I have about 18 gallons of tomatoes to process. So I had better get to it!

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

It was great to see you yesterday, Kimberly!!! :) It was so neat to feel like I know you so much better, because I/we can stay up-to-date on the happenings in your life through your blog (and vise-versa)!
How did your tomato processing go? Hopefully your little ones were able to help you some with the work. :)
I hope you can rest well tonight--after yesterdays' busyness and todays' doings. I got to sleep in this morning, so that was very pleasant.
Well, I'm working on a post with lots of pictures from yesterday, so I'd best finish that... Thank you for all that you did to make this years' Harvest of Thanks a special day!
With love,
~Cora

Kimberly said...

I feel the same way. Even though we don't see each other very often we do have this connection. I was very relieved to get the tomatoes done. I have some pictures I took of the big mess that I will post later. I sure enjoyed our Sabbath and seeing you and your family was a big part of the enjoyment.