While I am still juicing I start cooking it down to sauce. I had my two big kettles going all morning and finished around 3:00. I got 6 kettles full of juice.
The juice that didn't originally fit into the two kettles I poured into this huge kettle which has the capacity of 4 kettles full of the other size. I don't use this for cooking much as it has such a thin bottom and would scorch easily.
Brandon was home for the weekend and left for Fargo around 4:00. I think it has been harder for me yesterday and today than it was last week probably because he left from home. Last week I left from his place. He was a good help to Tim on Sunday. They took the wood stove chimney down from the roof and cleaned it well. Then they had to lower the wood stove and take the inside stack off and clean it outside. It definitely is a two man job.
Today we are back to school. The next two weeks in geography we are studying about Mexico. The children got their (fake) passports today and we left on an airplane for Mexico. We hit a little turbulence on the way and they really enjoyed that. When we got there I put a Mexican flag sticker on the first page in their passports and we read a couple books about Mexico. It was a good day. Tomorrow we will attempt to make a pinata.
Leah did her ABC puzzle almost by herself. She is great about knowing the names and sounds of the capital letters and writing them. The lower case letters are a little more difficult for her but she did well. Of course Daniel used it as a road for his Lego truck.
Here the children are drawing a desert picture in their nature notebooks. Both drew some great cacti.
For music we are using Wee Sing Around The World. Both children and I are enjoying it more than the patriotic songs we learned last year. While the former were important to learn these are just more fun.
I've got some fry sausage and bow tie noodles cooking. I had better feed my hungry crew.
4 comments:
Oh Kimberly,
Isn't blogging wonderful? I can just feel what it must be like to be a student in your school! Your children sure are blessed to have you for a mother!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new curriculum so well! Thanks for sharing about your school year. We won't start until after the shoot as we have pails of tomatoes to deal with too. :)
Dawn
Yes, it helps with the loneliness, I think. Thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot to me. Wish we could be there for the shoot but am praying for good weather and a good turnout for you. May God grant you strenth to put up all your produce! I love you, Dawn.
It sounds like your tomatoes produced very abundently too!!! Did you ever get a frost? We had a light one, but Mother watered things down in the garden very early in the morning and everything pulled through ok.
It is so neat seeing your school-room and the things that take place there. :) I'm wondering if your Wee Sing... series is the same one that Mother used for us? We had a patriotic book also and then one about childrens' Christian songs...
Well, there's once again so many things to be done in this day, (I'm sure it's the same way for you!) so I'd best be going...
Don't blow away,
Cora
I am surprised at how many tomatoes I actually ended up with as I only had 11 plants. I had 12 but one plant mysteriously disappeared when Tim was tilling :) I'm sure I will have plenty of sauce.
We did get frost on Tuesday morning, a very light one.
It sure is windy out there! It seems windier than it did on Sunday as we aren't protected from the south like we are from the north.
Post a Comment