Since I am feeling better I finally got to painting my living room this week. I had chosen a bright orange for one wall and tan for the other three.
I didn't like the tan at all.
Someone must have taken some pictures on my camera and I was delighted to find them this morning so I could use them in this post.
On my way back from Fargo I stopped at Wal-Mart and got an Antique White that I knew I liked. But it doesn't look quite right either.
By the way I found those cool lamps at Pier 1 Imports yesterday. I had been looking for new lamps but never found any that I liked any better than the ones I had. I didn't want to pay a lot of money for new ones. And I was all set to just get new shades for both and new insides for the one that doesn't work.
I thought about stopping at Pier 1 and am glad that I did. Once the sales lady got a bulb and turned on the lamp I saw how unique they were...and I love blue. You can't really tell from this picture but the bottom is blue glass and lights up from the glow of the bulb. The inside of the shade is blue and there is a cute little blue glass bulb on top holding the shade to the lamp.
I was thinking that I need to paint the north wall orange too. It's just too white.
It's kind of funny...my homepage is set to MSN. This morning there was something about 9 decorating mistakes. So I clicked on it and found this:
Trend #7: Accent Walls
Why Skip It: When all-white rooms were in fashion, one brightly painted or wallpapered wall was a great way to break up the monotony. But now, with bolder paint colors the norm, accent walls have less purpose and can break up the flow of a room. Plus, what was once an unpredictable pop of color is now, well...predictable.
It was further confirmation to paint the wall orange. But I think I will let it dry for today. It already has four new coats of paint on it and I will have to put three more to get good coverage of the orange. Plus I am kind of sick of painting it.
Today I will see if I can get the back entry painted as well as the ceiling in my dining room. I'm not planning to paint the walls in the dining room as I think they go well with the orange and blue in the living room. But I can always change my mind.
So I'm going to start taping and getting this room ready.
1 comment:
Dear Kimberly,
My goodness are you a busy beaver!
I love your new lamps!! I like the orange wall but am not sure if I have that much courage. :) I'll think about it as everything is cream colored over here except my kitchen, and I need to paint this summer too.
I'm glad that you're feeling better.
Dawn
Post a Comment