Last Sabbath while we were still at Itasca Leah turned five years old. We hadn't had time to buy her anything before we left so I had to sneak and get things while we were on our trip. Of course the gift shops had lots of stuffed animals which is just what Leah likes best. In the above picture she had just woke up. I had placed a present by her pillow.
Daniel joined her while she opened the present, a mother husky carrying a baby in her mouth.
She loves cards and feels good when you mention something you love about her.
She liked what I wrote in her card.
We spaced her gifts out during day so there would be more anticipation.
We found the most lovely grocery store in Bemidji, Luekens, that had this cake Leah picked.
She blew out all her candles.
I found this penguin puppet at the Science Center.
It was her favorite as she really loves penguins right now.
I am so glad swim lessons are finished for a few weeks. Leah did great and is much more comfortable in the water. She will have another week of lessons in July. But for now we have a break from going to town everyday.
I added up the miles I drove last week including driving back from Itasca on Sunday. I put about 800 miles on my old van.
I don't have plans to go anywhere today!
I have some news about a new purchase. When we were in Fargo on Tuesday we (stupidly) went to the pet shop again while we were in the mall making a return for a friend. Yes, we got a PUPPY!!! I'm not regretting it (much!) as I realize that we do need a dog around here to watch the children while they are outside. She seems like a smart little thing. She is only 7 weeks old but is already learning. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment