Since it was cloudy and rainy on Thursday we drove up to Bemidji. It wasn't a long drive from the park. I think it was about 30 miles. I had never been there but had heard this is where Paul Bunyan and Babe reside. We asked at the visitor center if there was anything interesting for kids to do. They told us about a science center close by. And they had a neat animal farm. But we weren't looking to get wet so we chose the science center.
Before we went to the science center we ate at a little cafe, Minnesota Nice Cafe, across from the center. I like to eat at local places like that. We had a delicious breakfast.
There was a lot of neat things to do in the science center. It wasn't too big which was fine with me. They had several birds, turtles, fish, a snake, and a chinchilla, too. Here we were trying out the mirrors. We looked like little people.
You may remember that I like doves. I had looked at the doves, a male and a female but didn't notice the nest of two babies. Later I heard the male dove cooing so I went over to the cage and saw the female feeding her young. I got a video of it but I can't find the place to load it onto blogger since I downloaded the new version.
The day we were in Bemidji was the day all the storms came through ND and MN. We weren't too far from Wadena. While we were in the science center it rained pretty hard. People came in a little wet. As we drove back to the campground we hit several cells of hard rain. While we were in our camper we listened to radio and heard there were tornado warnings and watches all around us. The Park Ranger drove around and warned everyone as well.
There were a lot of these caterpillars around. Leah doesn't like to touch them but she is interested in watching them.
Here Tim is getting Leah's carriage ready for her. We found the little vac worked really well getting it clean.
Leah is getting inside. I think she found it very comfortable and loved taking her stuffed animals along as she could play while we rode.
Today is the last day of swimming lessons for a few weeks. I am relieved as we all are getting tired of going to town everyday. We did stay up after lessons yesterday, ate at Dairy Queen, and went to the outdoor pool in the afternoon. Whitney was able to join us as she had worked in town that day and was done early.
After swimming we went and got some flowers to plant in Brandon's planters. It didn't take us long to plant them and I think he liked the result.
I best get busy and get my morning work done so we can leave.
1 comment:
Hi Kimberly,
Thanks for sharing pictures of your family
get-away. I didn't realize that Paul and Babe were THAT big. :)
I know what you mean about doves--their cooing seems to me to be the most peaceful sound in the whole wide world. How awesome it must have been to watch her feeding her young.
Have a blessed Sabbath rest, my dear friend!
Dawn
Post a Comment