Sunday, April 17, 2011


Poor Leah!  She has not been feeling well.  So she and I stayed home from church.  She noticed one of my favorite birds eating under my feeder.


We did get to go to Ryan and Whitney's for lunch.  Whitney had made a good dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cheese ball, and ramen noodle coleslaw.  For dessert we had two different kinds of ribbon dessert, pistachio and chocolate.



Brandon was intently reading.  Such a nice relaxing day.



Our dear friends, the L.s, were there as well.  It was so nice to see them.  With the weekend storms we had so frequently we barely got to see them this winter.  It was nice to catch up.  R. and I enjoyed a game of ping pong before we went home.  It was a relaxing game in which we didn't keep score, talked the whole time, and kept the ball going back and forth many times before one of us missed.

My hubby has such a nice smile.



Ryan and Whitney put up a new building they use as a cow/calf maternity ward.  Ryan makes his own gates throughout the winter.  I'm not sure if I remember correctly.  It seems he said there were 16 pens along the sides of the barn with room at the end and middle for more if needed.  With the colder snowy weather all the pens were full.  I wish I would have got some shots of the whole building.  Here is a picture of one of the bottle calves.  This little heifer is two weeks old and was very peppy.  She finished off her bottle pretty quickly.



This little cutie wasn't too good about drinking.  It is one week old, had been sucking well on its mama, but as is often the case with a twin, was rejected by the cow.



The little calf never did finish that bottle.  I hope it did better this morning.



They had had another bottle calf that they were able to successfully put on a cow that had lost her calf.

We all enjoyed our little field trip after which we went back to Ryan and Whitney's for a light supper and ping pong before heading home.

Leah sure was tired and I worried that we kept her out too late.  She slept well though I heard her coughing in the night.  She looks about the same today.  I will have to see how she is doing throughout the day to determine whether I will take her out to church tonight.

Tonight we have our annual Lord's supper service that I don't want to miss.  But I know that Leah gets pretty tired by evening.  Since church doesn't begin until 8:15 it might be too late to take her out.  But we had planned on making unleavened bread tomorrow as part of our Feast study for CtG.  So we can have our own celebration here at home.


3 comments:

Dawn Bornemann said...

Hi Kimberly,
I'm sorry that Leah isn't up to par.
Boy, I am really out of touch. When is Passover and the Feast of Unleavened bread? We've just been living to try to keep calves alive as I see Whitney doing too--great pictures!
Yes, Tim's smile is very warming.
Dawn

Kimberly said...

Tonight(Sunday) at sundown will begin the 14th day of the first month. They will kill the passover lamb in the afternoon (Monday, April 18th) of the 14th day. Then at sundown, the 15th day (Monday night), begins the feast of unleavened bread when they will eat the passover lamb.

The days and months follow the cycle of the moon in the land of Israel as prescribe by God in the Bible. There are people in the land of Israel who watch for the first sighting of each new moon which begins a new month. Cool, huh?

Tina Hollenbeck said...

We'll be doing CtG next year. I just got the TM and glanced a little at the material; I'm excited to do the feasts and connect them (for us all) to Jesus.

Sorry Leah is not feeling well - Abigail was done-in by her recital yesterday (because she's still recovering from her concussion). As I pray for her, I'll remember to pray for your Leah, too.