Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Short Post

I really shouldn't take time to post this morning.  But I will, just a short one.  We have had a busy week, it seems, a lot of running.  After all the time spent at home this winter it does feel good to be able to get out when I want.

On Tuesday Daniel had his progress report with Dr. Agnes, his vision therapist.  I have been concerned since his right eye has been staying in when he tries to focus from near to far.  His examination went well.  Everything we have been doing so far has really helped this little guy.  He has none of the jerky eye movements when he tracks from side to side, up and down, etc.  His reading is coming along nicely.  It was just this eye staying turned in that came up as a problem.

Dr. Agnes suggested that he might be "holding on to some far sightedness."  He said that some people will do this.  As they get further into the therapy it comes out.  The only way to know for sure was to put drops in Daniel's eyes to dilate the pupils.  Our older son has to have this done yearly to check for problems caused by diabetes.  I agreed to do it so we would know for sure.  Dr. Agnes first put in some drops for pain as the dilating drops do sting.  Then he instructed us to come back to the office in about an hour or so and he would check Daniel again.

No further farsightedness showed up.  Dr. Agnes thought he was premature in telling us that Daniel didn't need to wear his glasses for farsightedness anymore and instructed Daniel to wear them again and switch to his reading glasses when doing close up work.  He apologized for his earlier diagnoses.  I do like the man.

Daniel had already told me that his glasses seemed to help his eye go back out.  He is aware of his eye problem now so that it good.

We are so ready to be done with therapy but we might be doing it for awhile yet.  I meant to ask how much longer but didn't want to do that in front of Daniel.  He has been looking forward to not doing it this summer.  So am I.  But I have a feeling we will be.

That's about all the time I best take for posting today.  I've got to get upstairs to dry and straighten my hair.  I am looking forward to this Sabbath. 

By the way...I love my computer!

2 comments:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Ah, I can relate a bit. My younger daughter has had to start going to the chiropractor - 3 times a week! - due to an injury she sustained over a month ago. I think it's helping, and the chiro says we should see healing within a month. All worth it, as it's with her head and neck. But it means driving 20 miles three times a week... Sigh.

Jennifer said...

Aren't doctors who can help our kids like this such an answer to prayer?? I will be praying for your sweet Daniel! :)