Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Leah's 4th Birthday


All my pictures loaded backwards so I will just go with it rather than try to move them. The above picture is of Leah and friend Jonathon with the gift he got her with his own money. Jonathon was the first kid that Leah allowed to hold her. They have a special bond.

The next picture is of Leah and "Grandma" Shirley (as Leah likes to call her.) Since her Listul friends call her "Grandma" Leah wants to do the same.


Leah has always loved Aunt LaVerne. She used to get the sounds mixed up and say, "Aunt VaLerne" but she's 4 now and can get it right! Where did my baby go?





Leah had a blast opening her gifts. It didn't take long and she got some neat things. The best part was having most of her favorite people here to celebrate with her!



This is an ice cream cake. I made a pan of brownies, cut them, and pieced them into a glass bowl. Then I filled the cavity with softened ice cream. Finally I put brownie pieces on top of the ice cream and froze it well. To serve I inverted the bowl onto my pretty cake plate, frosted it with cool whip, and sprinkled some candy pieces on top. I forgot to drizzle chocolate over it. But it was delicious anyway.





Leah requested mac-n-cheese for her birthday dinner which I made along with several other things...grilled burgers, chicken kabobs, potato salad, lettuce salad, cut up fruit, and fresh green beans. We especially liked the chicken kabobs!





Here's my fancy potato salad. It sure was pretty but I didn't care for the seasonings in it. Next time I will make it with the family recipe and put that in the mold. Presentation!!








Here's my beauty all ready for church. She sure is special. I feel so blessed to have her as my daughter.



2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

My, Leah looks so grown up already! :)
I'm so glad you started a blog of your own now!!!Mother said that you had started one, but I didn't get a chance to really look at it 'til now... I'll be adding your blog to my favorites list very soon. :)

Kimberly said...

I look forward to reading yours everyday! You have your mother's talent in writing.