Thursday morning I went out to take some photos of the beauty of the snow. It really is pretty. This first picture I took from my south window. On the left is my little maple tree that was being crushed by the limb from the big elm on the right. The branches were just weighted down with heavy snow. The limb that Brandon cut off is laying on the ground. In the background is the snowman that Daniel and Brandon made.

Here's my little silver maple before I shook the snow off it.

This tree is about 20 feet tall and has some type of berries on it that birds love. I had never seen it touching the ground like this.
Dustin and I planted all these lilacs the first summer we lived here. We dug out little trees where they come up by the big lilacs and transplanted them in a row west of our house. It has taken 12 years for them to get to a nice height. I went and shook all the snow off them, too.

Whitney's horse, Misty, who is here temporarily, eating her treat.

It has been so gray the whole month of October. On Thursday it was especially so.

The children were having so much fun in the snow they didn't even notice me outside!

Except for making supper I have all my Friday work finished. It is a good feeling. I'm ready for my Sabbath rest!
2 comments:
What beautiful snow pictures!!! Our snow has all melted now and has left behind some very sticky mud!
I hope your little maple makes it through the Winter alright~
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. I love the way things look when they're covered with frost and/or snow too. I love running my fingers over the cattle panels when there has just been a new snow. It's so much fun to watch the snow crystals fall of into the snowbank. I remember enjoying doing this as a child and I still do. :)
Is Misty staying long?
Dawn
Post a Comment