Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More Puppy Pictures

I hope you aren't tired of puppy pictures.  Ellyana is getting good about posing for them. 


She is doing better.  I was a bit worried about her last week.  I am pretty sure it was the wormer that made her so ill.  The first week we had her I thought she was ill from having new dog food.  She was doing better until I gave her the second dose of wormer last week.  She was sick and didn't eat for over a day which is probably too long to go without food for a baby.  She was so light and skinny looking.  Now she has filled out and is keeping her food down.  She sure is full of pep.


When we were in Fargo yesterday I stopped in at the pet shop to get another bag of food.  I talked with the lady who sold Elly to me and told her about the wormer.  She thought, too, that was what must have made her sick.

While we were at the pet shop we saw the cutest little pugs that just had come in.  I love the looks of pugs because they remind me of Boston terriers and Stormy.  I love the bulgy eyes and round little heads with their short noses.  Someday I will probably get another Boston.


But in the meantime I am enjoying her....





Ellyana wants to play, too!  When she hears the children laughing she knows it is something fun.  When Whitney was here the other night she let Elly into the trampoline.  At first Elly couldn't stay on her feet but now she is pretty good at keeping her balance.  She loves it, though we won't allow her in there unless there is an adult to supervise.





This is part of Ellyana's view from her fence.  It is such a nice big area with two trees and is shaded at all times.  Unless someone is out there with her I think she views it as a prison.





Ellyana always finds something to chew.





She was good about posing for this picture and was intrigued by the sound of the camera and the flash.





She was still sitting.





I have been trying to train her to walk on her lease.  She thinks it is a game and time to play.  If we go camping we will have to take her with us and she will have to be on a leash.  I hope she will learn to go potty while on a leash.  Sunny was always so embarrassed to go while on her leash.  She would sometimes hold it until we got home.


We had a good day in Fargo.  Daniel got some new homework.  We don't have to do staredown and E.T. touch anymore.  He will now do a measuring exercise called space matching to learn distance perceptual skills.  He will estimate on a piece of string how long or wide certain things are.  Then he will take his string to see if he is right.  When he can do this well he will begin to judge the distance between objects.  We are to spend about 7 minutes doing this.  It sounds like it will be fun for awhile.  I'm sure it will get old.


After we had lunch in Fargo I took the kids to the Red River Zoo.  It was a nice day for it as it wasn't hot.  The zoo is nice though it doesn't have many animals.  We all were okay with that.  I don't like going to those really big zoos that take all day to get through.  We didn't have much shopping to do but still we didn't get home until after 7:00.  


Ellyana was so happy to see us.  We played her out good before we went to bed.  She didn't cry at all last night when I put her in her kennel for the night.  I didn't hear her in the night either.  Tim says that he takes her outside when he gets home.  He plays with her for awhile.  If she is good about sitting with him while he winds down for bed he lets her.  If she doesn't he puts her back in her kennel.  I guess she is learning the routine.


It is cloudy and cool this morning.  I've got the windows open as I turned the central air off last night.  I like having the windows open but noticed that my house had less dust when we had them closed and the air going.


I had best get busy as I have plenty of things that need to get done today.   

No comments: