Yesterday was such a good day. There is something about having your children home even when they are grown that does good for a mother's heart. Now that I have grown children I can understand why my mother wanted and enjoyed having us home even when I was grown, married, and had my own children.
We had a lazy day. I made a waffle breakfast which really filled those boys up. After the food settled we went for a bike ride.
I've been reading Cesar Millan's, the Dog Whisperer, book Be The Pack Leader. It has given me good ideas for training Ellyana. One thing he stresses over and over is that a dog's energy, especially for a high energy dog like Elly, needs to be run off. A good run in the morning and one again in the afternoon is vital for good behavior. I really can not run! But I can ride bike. So I will take her on her leash beside me while I ride my bike. It is a little scary on the gravel as she can run really fast and doesn't tire very quickly. So far I have not had a spill.
After a little persuasion the children and I got Dustin to agree to take a bike ride with us. He rode Tim's new bike and pulled Leah in the trailer. Daniel rode his own bike. We rode south to the hill as Dustin said that he didn't care where we went as long as he didn't have to ride up a hill. The way south was so easy. Then we turned around and had to go against the wind. Whew! That gave us all a workout. I was happy I had Elly to help as she pulls a little sometimes. I kept going past the house, turned at the corner, and took Elly to the end of our trees so I could reward her with a little off the leash time sniffing around in the hay field.
Misty came down to the end of her pasture to see us. I had Elly's leash in my hand. When she saw that she snorted, turned, and went bucking and running away. She's so funny sometimes. I think she could use the "horse whisperer!"
Here's a picture of the children before we went on our ride.
I did make my knipfle with some fried hamburgers with onions and peppers for a late lunch. Whitney stopped by after working in town and visited with us for awhile. We watched Over the Hedge as Dustin had never seen it. We all were in bed a little after 10:00.
Today we are planning to go to town later to do a little shopping. Then we will all eat supper at La Carretta.
I best get busy as I want to get some food preparations done today for our Sabbath noon meal. I gave Dustin a choice between two different entrees, lasagna and roast beef dinner. He chose roast beef dinner. I can get the mashed potatoes ready today and put them in a crock pot. I will try to remember to take lots of pictures of our family gathering.
1 comment:
I hope your roast beef dinner was as delicious as planned! I'm so happy for you to have had this surprise time with your Dustin! How nice for you all. :)
I'm guessing tomorrow won't be as nice for you as it will be for me, as you have to say good by to a loved one and I'll be welcoming loved ones home, so I just said a prayer for you. *hug*
Have a good week.
Love,
~Cora
Post a Comment