Saturday, September 3, 2011

"My" Horse Goes Home

In the summer I have a horse.  She's not really mine but I like to pretend she is.  Misty is my daughter, Whitney's horse.  Since we have the pasture here she gets to come back to her old stomping grounds in the summer.

Whitney came to get Misty on Friday as the workers doing the basement will need to bury the old concrete in the pasture.  She asked me to put Misty into the old goat fence in the morning so she would be easier to catch.  Here Whitney is sneaking the lead rope on Misty.



Misty is tied up and waiting.



My farmer/rancher daughter can do just about anything.



The dogs, Elly and Jade were cavorting around and needed to be locked up in a fence so they wouldn't make Misty any more nervous.



Misty is looking a little wild in this photo but she did pretty well for a high energy horse.



She's ready to load and went in like a pro.



Now she is getting tied.



Bye, bye, Misty, I will miss you...and summer.

1 comment:

Dawn Bornemann said...

Oh Kimberly,
I can't decide if I feel sorry for you more to lose your Misty or to lose your Summer. ): Misty sure is beautiful but Summer means NO COATS!
Happy Sabbath,
Dawn