Friday, September 16, 2011

Work in Progress


These nice sunny and warm looking pictures were taken last week.  In the above picture the worker is pulling a beam over to the house.  Then they are sliding it into position below.



Daniel found a good perch to watch and stay out of the way.



After he removed our steps the worker made another hole for the other beam.



The beams are in place.



This was the view from the north side of the house.  That's our old basement.



Leah makes a cute little driver.



Of course things look much different this Friday.  They have made much progress.  They have almost all the old basement out and I suspect by the end of the day they will.  As Daniel said, "It looks like the house is floating."  I will make sure to take some pictures and post them this weekend if possible.

I must say I don't much care for this cold weather.  Finally I had enough and made the first fire of the season.  The children and I have been schooling and sleeping in the camper.  We come into the house for meals.  With the basement gone the wind just seems to blow right through the floor and it is cold in here.  With my fire almost up to "active" it will soon be warm and toasty.  Won't Tim be happy when he gets up!

I must get back to work.  We finished school for the day but we need to do Daniel's vision therapy as we have an appointment in town to pick out new doors and windows for the house. 

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Trouble leaving comments?