Maybe I should have said My Different Washroom as it is definitely not new. But it works.
The work on the basement has started. Since the old one will be completely destroyed we had to move my washer and dryer out. I didn't want to have to wash at a laundromat. We came up with the plan to put the washer in the chicken coop, we have no chickens, as we have a water source near by and electricity. So here's a picture of my washroom. Kind of primitive, huh?
The cold water line comes in through the little chicken door and the grey water line goes out. So far it has been working like a charm.
This is my water source. I only have cold water to wash but that is better than nothing.
I figure I have it better than most of the population in the world and don't mind this mild inconvenience.
The basement contractors showed up Wednesday morning around 10:30. They brought the big beams they will use to support the house while they destroy and build the basement. Then they had to go back to Jamestown to pick up this back hoe they had left at the motel.
I had planned to go up to town towards evening as I needed some supplies. It was nice to do that while they were digging. Before we left Danny from Geray Construction asked me to come down in the basement. He showed me that we had only about 4 inches of wall down there which isn't enough to support a house. I'm so thankful we are able to redo the basement.
They were digging when we left around 5:00. We passed them on our road as we came home around 7:30 and they were heading back to town. When we got home we found they had dug a deep trench all around the foundation. They accomplished much in that bit of time. The children both enjoyed getting down in the trench and playing. Boy, were they dirty.
I had asked Danny how long it would take them to get the old basement all out. He said they should have it done by Tuesday. I was surprised. He told me that it takes the longest to lay the corners of the new foundation.
I went down in the basement to look and found the smell almost unbearable. The children and I slept in the camper last night. We took Elly in with us. Mario, the cat was interested in seeing the inside of the camper. So we let him. In a few minutes he wanted to go back out. Night time is his time for prime hunting. Later towards morning I heard him meowing and scratching on the camper door. I didn't get up and he soon went away.
One day Leah asked if she could take some pictures with my camera. I found several good ones. I think she has an eye for photography. I loved this one of Daniel as it captures his thinking pose so well. And I love the green of the bean field and blue and white of the sky.
No comments:
Post a Comment