Sunday, August 9, 2009

Granola Bars

This past spring we found Daniel loved granola bars. I had picked some up at Sam's and thought they would be an easy snack to take along in the van. He wanted one everyday! It didn't take long for the bars to be gone. This week I thought I would try and see if I could make some.

I googled "homemade granola bars" and found a wonderful recipe. I had to improvise on some ingredients. From the comments about the recipe other people had also done so and the bars turned out well. I didn't have peanuts so I substituted pecans and almonds. I also added coconut and flax seed to the dry ingredients. One lady said she had added peanut butter to the "glue." We like peanut butter so I added it as well. It was very easy to make and we all loved it. In fact the bars are all gone now so I'm making another batch.

Here's where I found the recipe if anyone wants it. She has nice big pictures of each step. http://www.joyfulabode.com/2008/04/11/homemade-granola-bar-recipe-no-high-fructose-corn-syrup-in-these-bars/

This is a picture of my bars.


We are planning a trip down to Aberdeen tomorrow. They have a nice water park downtown that is very cheap. We plan to stay the night. At KSJB radio station they sell certificates. I got one for a $99 hotel room for $60. We also got some $10 certificates for a Mexican restaurant for $6 each.

I need to get outside and collect the eggs. Then I need to clean up my messy kitchen. I will write about the trip when we get back.

No comments: