After having the hot hot days last week these cool days feel extra cold. Brandon said he was so cold yesterday that he wanted to get his heater out of the closet. I didn't spend much time outdoors as I had plenty to keep me busy in the house.
I did all the laundry which took me until afternoon to get done. I ironed somethings that I should have got done last week and finished the few things that needed ironing from yesterday's washing. Since it was cool I baked a batch of bread. The children and I had fresh bread & butter with honey for supper. It was so delicious!
I like that our library in Jamestown has their catalog online. Since it is almost time to start school I looked up the books I will need for the first two weeks and printed out a page with all the titles and numbers. It makes going to the library so much easier. I can quickly find the books I want while Daniel goes on the computer and Leah plays with the toys and puzzles.
We were all dreading the afternoon as Tim had to go back to work after having 10 days off. It is so nice having him around more but so difficult when he has to go back to work. Whenever Tim is around Daniel is shadowing him wherever he goes. After Tim left Daniel was picking fights with Leah which is not normal. All I wanted to do after he left was to crawl into bed and cry. I didn't but I wanted to. Then to top it off Brandon left for a few days to look for a job in Fargo.
Brandon has a friend from college who rented an apartment in Fargo and asked Brandon if he wanted to move in with him. Since there aren't any job opportunities in Jamestown Brandon is going to be putting out some resumes today at car dealerships in Fargo. He updated his resume and printed out quite a few copies to take around the city. I told him I would be praying for him. It is a scarey thing, at least it would be for me, to do what he will be doing today. It might not be for him.
The apartment sounds nice. I saw some pictures. It has two bedrooms and two garages. The garages will be nice for the boys this winter. It is a new building and affordable. I told Brandon he can't move back home as it is too hard when he leaves. I suppose I would relent but that's how I feel right now. I think it made him feel good that I will be sad when he leaves.
So it was kind of a double whammie. Tim going back to work and Brandon leaving to look for a job! I was expecting it but it still was hard. I spent sometime walking around outside bawling my eyes out! It seems amazing to me at times that we do get through these, and worse, things!
I want to take Daniel and Leah's portraits. The old Walmart had a portrait studio that I would take them to once or twice a year. It was so cheap as I always just got the advertised package. Our Super Walmart doesn't have a portrait studio. Last year I just took pictures with my camera and printed out an 8X10 at Walmart. They turned out very nice. If it is warm enough today I will try taking some pictures of them outside. I wonder if Whitney got her kitten from Ryan's uncle. It would make a good prop!
I will post some pictures when I take them.
2 comments:
It sounds like you had a ruff day when Tim headed back to work and Brandon went job searching! I'm glad that you still have your little people though, to bring you some joy. :)
Yes, they help keep me going at times like these. Life can be hard but life is still good!
Post a Comment