Monday, August 3, 2009

Cars and Chickens

We finally had some heat yesterday. While I was outside washing the bugs off my car I felt really warm. When I looked at the thermometer it was only 80 degrees. I guess I'm not used to that high of a temperature!

We did get a nice rain shower on Friday that dropped 20/100th. I had just been out watering the garden plants. The wind had been coming out of the SW pretty strong. As I was watering the trees up by the house I noticed it switched and came from the NNW. It didn't take long and we were getting some drops.

Saturday night we took my car to Jamestown. Brandon finally got the other part he needed on Thursday and got everything put back together on Friday. It sure runs good now. After I got it all cleaned up I took some pictures as it did look nice and shiny.



Daniel especially loves riding in it. But he keeps wanting me to "tear around". The "peer" pressure is awful.



This past year in school we studied US History which included a study of state birds. One of the activities was to put out a bird feeder and watch the birds that came to eat at it. I couldn't find a long shepherd's hook hanger just a short one. The chickens found the feed right quick and could clean it out fast. When Tim's dad passed away Tim found a longer hanger in his dad's garage. It was funny to watch the chickens try to jump up and eat from it. It took awhile but they finally figured out that they couldn't reach it. Now they just clean up the feed that falls.



You all have a good day.

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Your car looks really, really great! That was cute about Daniel's "Peer" pressure... So, have you given in? :)

Kimberly said...

I did "step it down" on our highway after I made sure there was no one else around. It satisfied him for awhile. He wanted me to put on a show at our friend's house. But I told him we couldn't do that in town. We sometimes do "cookies" on the grass in our yard. They really like that!