On Sunday the guys all got up early. They were all so pumped for hunting. Tim's friend and his son came out and hunted too. My guys got home around noon. Leah and I had some homemade pizzas and cut up vegetables ready for them to eat. Tim had to work at 2:30 so he and Dustin left shortly after eating. He and Dustin hung the deer up at his dad's place. He plans to skin and quarter them after he's done working in the morning.
Last year we bought a sausage stuffer attachment for our Bosch machine. We also have a meat grinder attachment. Tim plans on making sausage and jerky out of most of his venison. I hope the boys will be taking some of the meat as well.
Here's the picture of the buck and the happy hunters.
The children and I finished ECC week 12. I will post more about that later. We will be taking the rest of the week off from school work. I just wanted to say that for our Norway art project we did rosemaling on some little boxes this afternoon. They turned out so cute. I will take some pictures and post them here.
Tomorrow I want to get some preparations done for our Thanksgiving meal. Whitney came over Monday afternoon and we made cut-out sugar cookies and decorated them. So fun and so good! She is going to make the pies for me this year. I love making the food but get a little disappointed when it gets eaten so quickly and it is over for another year.
Truly, we do have a lot to be thankful for again this year. While we have had some hard things happen we have felt the presence of God in our lives and realize he has blessed us in many ways. I am so thankful for my husband who works so hard for us, for my dear children, each one is so precious, for my step dad and my extended family, I love each and every one of you, and for the dear friends that I have grown closer to this year. We live in a great country, the USA and I love living in the country! I love my home and try to remember to thank God for it everyday.
May you be richly blessed and encouraged in the hope that we have in Christ Jesus our savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment