Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Deer

The guys were pretty excited when they got back home as they had got one of their deer. It turns out that both Dustin and Tim shot this deer in the same place, the heart. How's that for good shots?! We had one gratis tag and each of the men have a buck tag. They haven't seen many deer at all as there is so much corn still standing. I'm kind of hoping they won't get their bucks as I don't know how we will eat all that meat (and I don't like it!)



As I said in my earlier post the little kids and I had dentist appointments at 1:00. Then I had an appointment to get my hair trimmed at 2:00. Tim, Dustin, and Daniel took the deer up to his dad's place to hang. After we got done at the dentist Tim and Daniel went hunting again. They didn't see any deer except for a nice buck on posted land. But Tim got a couple partridge and one pheasant. I had sent my camera along with Daniel so he could take a picture of the deer with the hunters. He had a few extra scenery pictures on there as well. I thought they were nice so I included them here.



I like the shadows on this one.


I love driving these section lines. It reminds me of riding around with my dad as he liked to drive "around the block," as he would say, checking out the land and crops.


As we won't be able to go down to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving like I had hoped, I picked up most of my supplies to make the meal here. They had turkeys on sale at Hugo's. Then they had a coupon for $10 off your turkey if you had a $100 order. How hard is it to have a $100 order? So I got $10 off my turkey.
Leah and I went to the library. I found some more books for myself. The videos of Norway were in so I checked them out as well. We watched one last night. I probably won't ever be able to see many of these places so it is nice to see the scenery. The children found it boring but I liked it.
It will be nice to be back to our routine today. We won't have to go anywhere, I hope. We have leftovers from yesterday's meal that will be good today. It looks like a great day!


No comments: