I took a couple pictures of my "Supers" in school yesterday. We had just studied the differences between spiders and insects. The "supers" are drawing a web with a spider on it.
We went to town yesterday. Before my monthly chiropractic appointment we had time to fill the van and run it through the wash and go to the library. We bought groceries at County Market this week as they had things in their ad that I wanted to buy. Daniel does a great job bagging the groceries and had them almost all bagged by the time I was finished paying for them. There was an older lady bagging hers beside him that was very impressed!
I stopped by the fabric shop to see if they had a zipper for Brandon's old chore coat. I had taken the old one out about a month ago and hadn't had the time to stop at the mall. Of course Walmart didn't have one. The old zipper was 25 inches long. New zippers only come in even lengths. I asked the clerk why that was. She said they just do it to be onery! So I had to buy a 24 inch zipper.
We got home before dark. Daniel carried all the groceries in the house for me while I put them away. I had wanted to clean the inside of the van but decided it was getting too dark and the children were hungry. I hope I will get time to do it either today or tomorrow. I can't stand how dirty it is!
I love watching the moon rise especially in the fall when it is so orange. I missed it Tuesday night. After checking on the internet I saw that last night's moon was to rise about 6:04. The children and I bundled up, actually it was quite nice outside, and walked to the end of our trees so we could get a good view. Sunny went with us. They got a little scared when we smelled skunk. But I was determined. It seems it took quite a while for the moon to start to rise. I wasn't exactly sure where it would first appear and hoped there weren't clouds blocking it. Daniel and Leah were starting to get a little impatient when I saw about 1/5 of the top poking up! I yelled, "There it is!!" And Leah almost started to cry she got so startled. Once it started rising it came up quickly. It was so beautiful!! And worth the wait.
I've got some hamburger browning. I want to make some lasagna today and want the sauce to cook awhile before I use it. I still use the same recipe I got when Tim and I were first married as I like it the best. And I want to start some caramel sauce, Dulce de leche, as we are almost out. I got the recipe when we were studying Mexico. It is easy to make and we love it on ice cream or drizzled over fresh apple pie.
So I best go!
No comments:
Post a Comment