Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New costumes

Since the stores have been selling things for Halloween Daniel has been looking longingly at the costumes. He had a spider-man costume that he wore for years. But it is too small for him now. I said I couldn't pay that much for a costume, that we would wait until after Halloween and see if they had any on clearance.

Monday afternoon Tim had talked with our neighbor to the south about getting some composted manure for our garden. He planned to get it Tuesday afternoon. I asked Tim to pick up some of those throw-away aluminum pans so I could make a meal for him to take to the neighbors. On Tuesday morning there were the pans on the table as well as a couple of costumes, one for Leah and one for Daniel.

Leah was the first to get up and see them there. It was such a nice surprise as she wasn't expecting it and I didn't say anything about it. She wore this all day and put it on again this morning! She is my little Super Girl!



Daniel was thrilled as well and wore his costume most of the day. He did take it off when he and Papa went to the neighbors for the manure. But put it on again later. ( I don't know why but after I did the spell check, Daniel's picture moved to the bottom of the post. Weird computers!)

Tim had time to get the manure before he had to go to work in town. Today he plans to spread it and get the garden tilled. It is so nice to get that done in the fall. The ground is so nice in the spring and I haven't had trouble with bugs since we have been doing this. Someone told me it exposes the larvae and kills it.

I have been saving my rinsed out crushed egg shells. It seemed like I had enough for the whole garden. But I only had enough to sprinkle by each former tomato hole. I learned that tomatoes take calcium from the soil and egg shells help to replenish it.

Yesterday I was up extra early and couldn't go back to sleep. After laying there awhile I decided I may as well get up. I was able to get a roast with potatoes and carrots cooking in the oven for Tim to take to the neighbors. I thought a fresh apple pie and loaf of home baked bread would be nice as well. I got that all done before the children woke.

I best get busy as I have my monthly chiropractor appointment this afternoon. I will make it my weekly trip to town and do my errands today so I won't have to go again this week. Wednesdays are a little lighter school wise but I don't want to have to feel rushed. Blessings!~




No comments: