Daniel and Leah soon found some kitties to play with as well as Ryan's dog, Tate.
The cats were cute and a lot smaller than our giant, Mario!
Whitney, Ryan, and Tim discussing the best way to do this thing.
The calf we took is on the right scratching herself. She was smaller than the two fall calves in her pen. She should have been as big as the calves in the previous picture. She wasn't much bigger than Sunny, our dog.
The kids and I went for a walk while Tim did the deed.
Leah found some cattails to pick in the slough. We found some dead trees Tim could cut down for firewood, too.
Yesterday we ground all the venison and beef and got about 40 lbs. of meat for sausage. All that is in casings, smoked, and in the freezer. We have some ground meat in the fridge that I mixed up for summer sausage, about 4 lbs. That has to stay in the fridge for 3 days. Then I will bake in a low oven. I hope it will be good. We also have some nice roasts from the beef we want to make into bacon. I need to look for a brine recipe.
Today Tim goes back to work. That is always hard for me. But it will be a short week for him.
It looks like we could get some snow, just in time for my two appointments in town. Oh well, if it gets bad I will just cancel and stay home!
1 comment:
Dear Kimberly,
I've enjoyed reading your last 3 posts very much and all the pictures are great! (I really like the one with Whitney in coveralls!) I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving with your children all home!
Congratulations on having some beef to work with now too... It's always exciting when we have a beef butchered and get our freezers filled up again!
I hope all your sausage turns out deliciously. :)
Love,
Cora
Post a Comment