I have been loading the wood stove once a day, usually at night. I filled it last night but had to burn it a little hotter. This morning it needed to be filled again. Without checking what the temperature is outside I can tell it is colder than it has been by how much wood we need to burn.
Today I have to go to town. I wish I wouldn't but I have two appointments this afternoon. Tim doesn't have to go to work until later so I will be able to leave Daniel and Leah here with him.
Because of my thyroid disease, Hashimoto's Disease, I have receding gums. So one appointment is to see my dentist about covering some exposed roots. Then I have my monthly chiropractic appointment. I have books that are due at the library and a new list of books about France which we will start studying next week that I will need to get. And I have 3 inter library loan books I have to send back to Bismark. Since I did my shopping on Sunday when I was in town I shouldn't have to do any today, I hope!
I regret that we didn't get any pictures or video of our sausage making. We just got so involved in the process. Plus it took two people to do it, one to load the machine with ground meat and one to guide the filling of the casings. Today we will try some of the finished product.
Here are some pictures of Tim grinding the meat. He would alternate the beef and venison so it would sort of get mixed together. Once we figured out how to assemble the blade in the grinding attachment it worked great:)
The sausage stuffer attachment fit into the grinder attachment which is on the machine now. We just took out the spiral, blade, and hole pieces and put the sausage stuffer piece into this attachment. We have 3 different sizes for sausage stuffing. We used the middle size. The smaller size could be used to make wieners, the larger to make summer sausage.
No comments:
Post a Comment