Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More progress

I did get a chance to work more on the play set after school yesterday. It was a beautiful day to be outside. The first step I worked on was getting the climbing wall put together. First I had to screw all these frogs (as Leah called them) into the boards.



Here's a picture of some of the boards I used to make the wall.



This is the hardware that went into the boards and "frogs."

After I finished the wall I thought I should check my little apple tree. It has some buds almost ready to open.

My rhubarb sure has been growing. It is now big enough to use. I have been eyeing it and wanting to make a pie but so far haven't taken the time to do that.


There! Daniel and I got the wall attached. The children had such fun climbing up it and asked if we could put the slide on next. Attaching the slide wasn't the next step but I didn't see that it would hurt anything if we did that next.


So...


I also made three ladders, one for each level, put on eight handles, a steering wheel, and a telescope. An electric drill is a great tool. It was another good day's work. All that is left now is to build the swing set that will go off the other side of the tower. Since it looks like rain for the next few days I don't know when we will get a chance to do that. Notice how the trees are starting to green up.

Today Daniel has his first vision therapy session. I will need to be in the room as well so I can see how to do it at home. Wouldn't you know it that the wind is supposed to gust up to 30 miles an hour! I can hear it blowing pretty hard already. I don't like driving that big van in the wind though it does hold the road really well.
Brandon came out last night to ride his dirt bike a bit. Then he hooked up the big car trailer to the pick up and loaded my Trans Am on it. Last fall after he drove it in Gackle's parade it started leaking brake fluid and I had no brakes. He moved to Fargo then and didn't have a chance to fix it. So he is doing it now. As he loaded it he saw where it was leaking so it shouldn't be hard to fix. Once that is fixed I will occasionally take it on our weekly trips to Fargo.
I leave you with the video of Daniel and Leah sliding down their new slide for the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly, Good job on putting the play ground together. Leah is right they do look like frogs. Daniel and Leah will have so much fun this summer.

Love the picture of the rhubarb, it is really growing. Do you have to replant that every year?

Hope you have a great rest of the week. God Bless Vangie