Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Rooster

Can you see him? I was sitting in front of my computer which is right by the back door. I had the big door open so I can see and hear better what is going on outside. While I was sitting here I heard this guy crow. I thought, "That sounds like a pheasant is right outside my door." And he was. I sat and watched him for awhile and told Leah to come quietly and slowly over to the door. She saw him, too. Then I thought that I should take a picture. By then he had moved to the other side of the lilacs. I wonder if there is a hen nesting close by?

I took a picture of my organized silverware drawer. Not too exciting but it impressed me.

While we were in town yesterday afternoon we stopped at the bank. The children have been putting money into their container they made for the Children's Feeding Station in Nicaragua that our local church supports. We put all the change into the money machine. All together they had given $25. I am so proud of them. They will put it into this week's offering as once a month our offering at church goes to this charity.

I stopped at the Salvation Army with a donation of glassware and clothing. We also made a trip to the library and picked up enrichment books for our study of Australia.

After that we got to visit with my aunt for awhile, went up to see Grandma, and did some shopping.

By that time it was after 6:00. We stopped at Brandon and Dustin's place. I wanted to see the house and yard all cleaned. It did look nice. I was proud of the job my family did. I enjoyed visiting with my "boys."

We were late getting home and found our trampoline moved several feet from its original place. I was glad it was resting against a tree and not up in one. This morning I went out and pulled it back a little and fixed some poles that came apart. I hope it wasn't damaged. And I am so happy that the wind has stilled!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't care for the wind we get here in North Dakota.

It is already warm outside. I am looking forward to getting out into it later. So I had best get busy now.

No comments: