Since it was such a beautiful morning with
no wind the children and I took a nature walk before school. First we went over to see how Misty was doing.

She indicated that she wanted a grain treat.

She was watching Leah.

I checked on the progress of my rhubarb...can't wait for that first taste of fresh rhubarb pie!

The children went into the "fort" they made yesterday.

They sat on some of the wood Tim cut and is letting dry for next year.

Mario is kind of dog-like in that he goes walking with us if we don't go too far from the farm. He looks like he has an extra
appendage on the side of his body as he has a big piece of matted fur hanging down to the ground. I would brush him but he bites me if I try.
Daniel and I have been sneaking out to the garden to eat some fresh chives. I thought Tim had tilled them under last fall. I was delighted to see that he hadn't.

Daniel and Mario are walking on the north side of the tree line.

Misty was watching us.

I was wondering when we would see the first wood tick. Well...in school this morning Daniel had one crawling on his ear. I am surprised that no one had one before this.
Even if the wood ticks are out I love mornings like this.
1 comment:
Oh what an awesome post full of pictures! It is so wonderful when the long Winter is finally over, isn't it?
Your children are so precious and I hope that Misty is happier than she was last Winter.
Cora's Basset Hound, Lady, had 2 ticks on her the other day so I guess it's time to start checking for them on us. YUK--it's still better than living in the city. :)
Blessings,
Dawn
Post a Comment