I snapped the above picture a few weeks ago. Whitney stopped for some reason, I can't remember why, and had on her farmer pants. She looked so cute. She is really telling her dad something and it looks kind of serious.
Tim bought a swing set/playground for the children. We hope to set it up soon. It will sit where the old (22 yrs!) set and sandbox are. Getting those old eye sores out of there will be so nice. This is a nice wooden set we got from Sam's. And it has a big slide!
For one of our art projects we did origami. After trying to make a more complicated animal from the back of the book I realized we needed to start at the beginning and do some of the simpler animals. It was fun and we still have some pretty paper left over if we want to do more.
With the nicer weather it is getting more difficult to stay indoors and do school. We have 6 more weeks left. We will be in Russia, Australia, and Antarctica for 2 weeks each to complete our study of the 7 continents. It has been such a great study.
I was able to order my curriculum for next year. We will be doing MFW's CtG, Creation to the Greeks,http://www.mfwbooks.com/ctg.htm next fall. It will start a 4 year world history study. I can hardly wait for "Box Day!"
We ate breakfast at The Cracker Barrel. Mama's French Toast Breakfast as good as usual...and the coffee...mmmm! The breakfast is big enough for Daniel and I to split. Then we get a side of the yummy turkey sausage, too. Leah always has a burger wherever we go, just a burger no fries.
I needed to get the kids some summer clothes so we went to Kohl's. They had some great sales and I was able to outfit both children for not much $$$. Leah found four dresses as she prefers to wear them. I am going to let her wear them around here as she would never get the wear out of them if she just wore them to church. We found some nice dress pants and shirts for Daniel as he didn't have any for church. We went to Old Navy as they usually have good sales too. I didn't find much on sale but they did have some of their shorts and short sleeved shirts on sale. Daniel got two of each. And I found a nice little white sweater for Leah that she can wear with her sundresses if it is cooler. It was fun to shop and the kids were super about all that walking and trying on of clothes.
When we went to the mall I was able to find some summer sandals for both Daniel and Leah at Penny's. They had a "Buy one pair get the other for $1" sale. So that worked out well. I have a difficult time finding sandals for Leah as they usually are too wide for her narrow feet. These are snug and pretty. She is wearing them right now. Daniel got some with the Velcro straps that he can quickly put on and get off. That is a major requirement for him and they don't hurt the back of his foot.
It was a good fun day and we were able to get on the road by 6:00. I was happy to make it home before sundown.
It is so gloomy outside today. I'm hoping we don't get any of the white stuff. I can hear a few rumbles of thunder. I love thunder! Hopefully all our moisture will be rain. I best get busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment